Many people think that the more sales leads you get the better your chances of success. That helps, but only if you have a quality plan for processing the leads you get.
Pro Tip: It takes an average of 8 times to get an appointment with a new prospect. Below are some tips to help you create a process that gets results.
What happens after you get a new lead? Is your next step to email or call them?
As you’ll see, having a plan is the best way to make sure you are getting the most out of your leads.
Creating Your 8 Step Process
There is no process that works for everyone or for every lead. Here is a list with some basic steps that you can customize:
- Initial contact. If there is no answer, leave a message.
- End of day. Input lead into CRM to help you keep track.
- Next day. If no answer, leave a message with the next contact time.
- Two days later. If no answer, leave a message with the next contact time.
- Two days later. If no answer, leave a message with a benefit, and when you will contact them next.
- You could say something like “Many of my clients are liking the extra funds this plan offers for over-the-counter items.”
- Three days later. If no answer, leave a message offering for them to email you back, and when you will contact them next.
- Three days later. If no answer, leave a message with your next contact time.
- Two days later. If no answer, leave a message with your next contact time.
- Three days later. Close file for now. Message them that you will reach out later in the year.
Simplifying Your Process With Scripts
Eight steps might seem like a lot. Remember, it might not take all eight steps before you connect with your client, but the more you reach out, the more likely you will be successful.
One tip that will help things go more smoothly is to write out what you are planning to say when you leave your message.
Here are some ideas from Senior Marketing Specialists that you can adapt to feel natural to you:
- “Hello. This is (YOUR NAME) responding to your request about Medicare insurance. I have a couple of questions for clarification. Please call me back at (PHONE NUMBER). If I don’t hear back from you by (DATE), I will give you another call.”
- “Hello this is (YOUR NAME). I know you are busy, and I would like to fulfill your request, but I need some additional information from you. If it is easier, you can email me at (EMAIL). Otherwise, I will be happy to reach back out on [DATE] if I don’t hear back. Thank you!”
- “Hello this is (YOUR NAME). I know you requested information about your Medicare coverage, and I am looking forward to answering your questions. A lot of people have been really enjoying the extra dental care now available in (CITY). I can be reached at (PHONE). If I don’t hear back by (DATE) I will try again. Thank you!”
If you aren’t getting any calls back, review your messages to see if you are connecting with your clients on a personal level, and try some different ideas.
Last but not least, per CMS guidelines you cannot approach a Medicare beneficiary about MA or Part D plans – unless they are responding to an approved MA or Part D lead. For general leads and promotions, focus on Medicare supplements and/or ancillary products.
If this was helpful, let us know in the comments. Also, let us know what you want to learn more about to grow your book of business.
For more information on creating scripts and offering ancillary products, visit the links below:
Join our team! If you are a Medicare agent and have questions about Sales or Medicare, call Arnie Fulmer at 702-820-3133. Arnie Fulmer is a Senior Market Advisor and the principal owner of Fulmer Insurance Group, a Medicare Brokerage Agency located in Las Vegas and licensed in multiple states.
#medicareagents #medicareprofessional #medicarebroker #medicarebrokerage #medicareagency #seniormarket #newcareer #healthcare #medicareproco #arniefulmer #medicarelasvegas #medicarepros #marketing #leads #leadprocesses